A New Look at the legendary insights of Dr. Warren Wiersbe
David C Cook releases revised editions of Dr. Wiersbe’s trusted Bible commentaries—the “BE” Series
by Audra Jennings Tuesday, January 26, 2010
A man who has given his life to a deep examination of the Word of God, Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe is an internationally known Bible teacher, former pastor of The Moody Church in Chicago and the author of more than 150 books. For over thirty years, millions have come to rely on the timeless wisdom of Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe’s “Be” Commentary series. Dr. Wiersbe’s commentary and insights on Scripture have helped readers understand and apply God’s Word with the goal of life transformation. Dubbed by many as the “pastor’s pastor,” Dr. Wiersbe skillfully weaves Scripture with historical explanations and thought-provoking questions, communicating the Word in such a way that the masses grasp its relevance for today.
Easily accessible for both pastors and lay people alike, Wiersbe’s profound study guides can be used in personal Bible study or with a group. David C Cook’s third installment of eight revised “BE” series volumes each feature updated content for today’s readers, a new introduction by Ken Baugh and new study questions for each chapter. The 2009 expanded Bible commentaries will include the following studies:
• Be Diligent (A Study of Matthew) encourages us to follow Christ’s example and actively serve others and God. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6631-1/176 pages/softcover/$12.99/January 2010)
• Be Wise (A Study of 1 Corinthians) explores 1 Corinthians, Paul’s practical guide to seeking Godly wisdom. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6636-6/192 pages/softcover/$12.99/March 2010)
• Be Authentic (A Study of Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph) shares how we can pursue authentic relationships with others and God. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6630-4/192 pages/softcover/$12.99/January 2010)
• Be Basic (A Study of Genesis) gives fundamental truths from the book of Genesis on relationships, faith, sin and spiritual fulfillment. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6635-9/176 pages/softcover/$12.99/January 2010)
• Be Obedient (A Study of Abraham) explores the remarkable life of Abraham and shows how we too can be obedient through faith. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6632-8/160 pages/softcover/$12.99/January 2010)
• Be Strong (A Study of Joshua) shares the need for strong believers of purpose, while encouraging us to lead victorious lives. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6637-3/176 pages/softcover/$12.99/March 2010)
• Be Decisive (A Study of Jeremiah) powerful insights for making the decisive, powerful choice to live by God’s absolute truth and values. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6634-2/204 pages/softcover/$12.99/March 2010)
• Be Encouraged (A Study of 2 Corinthians) is a lively commentary that will help you be encouraged no matter what challenges come your way. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6633-5/176 pages/softcover/$12.99/March 2010)
Acclaimed worldwide as a pastoral resource for international leaders, the “BE” series will soon include companion study guides—the Wiersbe Bible Study Series—with each study guide correlating with the appropriate “BE” book. David C Cook plans to release additional editions of the series over the next few years.
The “BE” Series by Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe
David C Cook/January and March 2010
Audra Jennings is Senior Media Specialist at The B & B Media Group. Since 1987, The B & B Media Group, Inc. has used its broadcasting, marketing and advertising experience to provide the specialized and strategic publicity necessary to achieve the public relations goals of each client. The Barnabas Agency, a division of The B & B Media Group, Inc., is a proven provider of exceptional public relations and personal management services for authors, speakers, ministries and organizations.
Read More Press Releases
Wiwigo Technologies: First of its kind selfie campaign takes place in moving Delhi-Chandigarh Shatabdi
Get press releases by email