Bestselling Author Michael O’Brien coming to Northern California
Presentations, book signings fill Nov. 14-20 visit to Sacramento, Santa Rosa, Napa
by Kevin Wandra Monday, November 07, 2011
For more information:
Kevin Wandra, 678-990-9032
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 7, 2011 – Bestselling author and iconographer Michael O’Brien is coming to northern California for a series of appearances and presentations Nov. 14-20.
The acclaimed Canadian novelist, writer and icon artist is visiting the area in connection with the release of his epic new novel, The Father’s Tale, a powerful story that O’Brien calls “a modern retelling of the parables of The Good Shepherd and The Prodigal Son.”
His schedule includes:
• 7 p.m., Nov. 14 – St. Francis Solano Church, 469 Third St. West, Sonoma (707) 996-6759; “Raising Strong Catholic Children: Countering the Secular Invasion of Family Culture.” No charge – free-will offering.
• 7 p.m., Nov. 15 – Presentation of the BVM School, 4123 Robertson, Sacramento (916) 482-0351; “Readers of the Lost Art: Reviving Culture through Good Reading.” No charge – free-will offering.
• Noon-1:30 p.m., Nov. 17 – Easter’s Catholic Bookstore, 5290 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento (916) 338-7272; Presentation on and book signing of The Father’s Tale and other novels.
• 7:30 p.m., Nov. 18 – Kolbe Academy and Trinity Prep, 2055 Redwood Rd., Napa (707) 258-9030; “Catholic Fiction & Restoring Culture in an Age of Escapist Illusions.” No charge; free-will offering.
• 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., St. Joseph’s Catholic Store, 3369 Old California Way, Napa (707) 224-8754; Presentation on and book signing of The Father’s Tale and other novels.
• 7 p.m., Nov. 20 – St. Eugene Cathedral, Msgr. Becker Center, 2323 Montgomery Dr., Santa Rosa; “Longing for the Holy: Finding God in Truth, Goodness & Beauty.” No charge; free-will offering.
In The Father’s Tale, O’Brien introduces readers to Canadian bookseller Alex Graham, a middle-aged widower whose small-town life had gone smoothly – or so he once believed – until his college-aged son disappears from a British school. Graham leaves his safe, orderly world for the first time and embarks on a journey that takes him to Russia and beyond, pulled ever deeper into world conflicts and the eternal conflict between good and evil.
“(This is) the best of Michael O’Brien’s novels,” said Ignatius Press Founder and Editor Fr. Joseph Fessio, S.J. “He creates characters like Dickens, explores human relationships like Austen, and has the epic scope of Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky. I believe this novel will merit inclusion in any list of the world’s greatest novels.”
O’Brien arguably is as well known for his iconography as for his writing. His images include Jesus Christ the Word of Life, St. John Vianney, St. Maximillian Kolbe and The Finding in the Temple.
For more information, to request review copies of The Father’s Tale or an interview with author Michael O’Brien, please contact Kevin Wandra with The Maximus Group (678-990-9032 or KWandra@MaximusMG.com).
Read More Press Releases
Wiwigo Technologies: First of its kind selfie campaign takes place in moving Delhi-Chandigarh Shatabdi
Get press releases by email